Our Mutual Friend Brewing in Denver, CO is hiring a full time assistant brewer with a minimum 2 years professional experience. We are an adventurous brewery making saisons, hoppy beer, lagers, and experimenting with unique processes, and local ingredients among other things. We currently brew on an 8 barrel brewhouse. Quality and safety are always in the forefront for our brewery. We are a small crew, so you will be involved in every aspect of the brewery from developing and making of beers to logistics of distribution. A few qualities we value:
- 2 years of professional brewing experience MINIMUM
- Knowledge about all styles of beer and how they are made
- Knowledge and unwavering practice of brewhouse safety
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Hard work and diligence in completing tasks while unsupervised
- Can follow existing SOPs while helping improve practices as we grow
- Good attitude, sense of humor, and team player
- Ability to lift 55 lb bags and move 160 lb kegs
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality
- References that can speak to your experience and general greatness
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
Preferred, but not required:
- Lab/Science background a plus
- Bachelors degree a plus (science or brewing education a double plus)
- Background in wild fermentation and barrel management a plus
- Background with hoppy beer and lagers a plus
Compensation for this position will be determined based on experience.
Our Mutual Friend is committed to enhancing the diversity of its staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.